Friday, May 3, 2013

We adopted Fenway (aka Speedy, although his papers have this reversed, we prefer Fenway) in June 2011, It is the greatest feeling when people see or ask about Fenway whether on the street, at the vet, Kennel, or just talking with friends how well received the concept of pet adoption is! First and foremost because he is such a good looking pet they have the perception only full bred/ good ;looking dogs come from a rescue. Fenway from day one has been a "velcro doggy" and as I look at him sitting on top of my feet while I write this, I realize this will never change!  His energy at 4 +/- years is like it was the day we picked him up, with no signs of slowing up! He is always the first thing my wife and I see waking up in the morning with his stubby tail wagging, jumping, and ready to go play. If anyone we know has or ever will consider a dog, NEBR will be the first answer and we always suggest adoption. To think that someone gave up Fenway because of excessive barking, which by the way he had not barked probably the first six months we had him, is unbelievable when his barking is clearly excitement and wanting attention and playtime! After having many other breeds growing up and with my family, I would say Brittanys are by far the best experience. My wife says he is almost like a human! The kids continue to give him daily minute long hugs. He is perfect size for a dog and still being small enough for a lap sitter and not too big to kick off the bed when he wants to get comfortable. We cannot thank you enough and although we have not participated in any events we enjoy reading the newsletters and seeing other stories! Feel free to put anyone in touch with me if they have any questions and I would highly recommend the painless process and many years of companionship and enjoyment.

Thx,
Jeff Goodnough

No comments:

Post a Comment