Thursday, May 16, 2013

Daffodil joined me on April 10, 2010. It had been a long trip for her - she was rescued as a stray in Tennessee and ended up in a shelter, rescued from the shelter by a NEBR volunteer, transported to her foster family in RI, and then I picked her up and took her home to Woburn. Hopefully she enjoys traveling, because since then we have moved alllll the way across the country to San Diego, and Daffodil rode shotgun (with a seat belt of course!) the whole 3,000 miles.


I remember when Christine told me they had a dog coming up from Tennesse who might be perfect for me - but they named her "Daffodil", and Christine wanted to change it. I said no! If I adopt her I'll just change it back. Daffodils are my favorite flowers and it seemed meant to be.


Sure enough, Daffodil is wonderful. She loves doing absolutely anything as long as she gets to be included. Her favorites include hiking, chasing dogs who are chasing balls at the park (but she has zero interest in chasing balls herself), going to the beach, and chasing squirrels. Since our move out West she has adapted quite nicely to the lack of squirrels and picked up chasing lizards. Her favorite part of going to the beach is getting a few inches into the water, laying on her belly, and doing the army crawl to really make sure the sand gets everywhere. She's pretty sure getting dirty is just the best, second only to belly rubs. She makes me laugh and her nickname is Goofball.


I'm so thankful for the wonderful people at NEBR who put Daffodil and I together. It is a fantastic organization that truly looks out for both the dogs and the adopters.


Best,

Jen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment