Sunday, August 3, 2014

Happy Gotcha Day Mille!

I adopted Miss Mille, formerly Mahalia, on October 24th, 2013.When I received her she very skittish and a little under weight.  Those days have long gone by.  The over abundance of "cookies" from her grandparents and constant affection have curbed both of those concerns.  

She was my constant companion until six weeks later, when I met my girlfriend, Alison.  Millie joined me on my first date with her, and quickly fell in love like I did.  

Before we knew it, Spring was upon us and the birds had migrated back to Maine.  This is when we learned how much Millie loves to watch the birds, and also those pesky squirrels.  She will sit hours on end at our front window watching these creatures.  Even so, running across the house to seek them out from a new vantage point.

The Summer brought some new activities for Millie.  Such as swimming, or should I say, learning to swim and riding in cars with the windows down.  Nothing like having the wind in your ears!

Over the past year, she has had her first meeting with a toddler, boy!, was that a funny moment.  Never having seen before a smaller human being, she was a little skittish, but very curious.  That one meeting, seems to have curbed her fear of children.  

In that same year she has learned how to sit, lay down, stay, heel, and talk back to us.   She can sense when one of us is ill or just sad and with a lick of the tongue, happiness is brought our way.  We can't imagine our lives without her, and look forward to many more years with our pretty princess, Millie.   



Denis Doucette



1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful, as we knew she would be...

    ReplyDelete